Mālama Home Improvement Loan
SOME USES OF THE LOAN:
- Renovate existing home: home repairs, extend home, retaining wall, drive-way, fencing, sidewalk, new appliances
$2,500 – $100,000 (Loan amounts over $50,000 require non-real estate collateral)
RATES & TERMS
- 5.00% – 6.00% APR
- Up to a 7-year term
- U.S. Citizen
- State of Hawai‘i Resident
- Applicant must be of Native Hawaiian Ancestry
- At least 18 years of age
- Credit score 600 or higher
- Debt-to-income ratio is no more than 45%
- Proof of Hawaiian ancestry: verified by current OHA Hawaiian Registry card
- Proof of Hawaii residency: driver’s license or state ID
- Contractor’s estimate or breakdown of supplies from home improvement store
- 2 years most recent federal tax returns with all schedules
- 2 years most recent W-2(s)
- 1 month current consecutive pay stubs
- If applying for more than $50,000: itemized list of assets to use as collateral (each item valued $5,000+ and can include personal items and business assets such as vehicles, equipment, inventory)
Applying for a loan is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Create a secure user account.
- Gather your documents.
- Complete the online application.
The process typically takes 20-25 minutes. Once you complete the application, a lending associate will contact you within two business days. Once an application has been approved, documents can be signed and funds disbursed usually within five to eight business days.
The Loan Portal is compatible with most computers and laptops. You may experience technical issues when applying with a cell phone or tablet device. For more information or if you require trouble shooting assistance, please contact us at (808) 594-1835, NHRLF@ohaloanfund.org, or contact your OHA neighbor island office.
LOAN APPLICATION HELPFUL TIP
To ensure your loan application is processed in a timely manner, we highly recommend submitting your loan application once you have prepared all required documents and are ready to upload the documents to the online loan application. If you submit a completed application (all required documents provided) your loan processing wait time will be significantly shorter. MAHALO