Mālama Debt Consolidation Loan
USE OF THE LOAN:
- Consolidate existing debts (Applicants to submit creditor statements for debts being paid off)
AMOUNT: $2,500 – $20,000
RATES & TERMS
- 5.00% APR
- Up to a 7-year term
- U.S. Citizen
- State of Hawai‘i Resident
- Applicant must be of Native Hawaiian ancestry
- At least 18 years of age
- Credit score 650 or higher
- Debt-to-income ratio is no more than 45%
- Proof of Hawaiian ancestry: verified by current OHA Hawaiian Registry card
- Proof of Hawaii residency: driver’s license or state ID
- 2 years most recent federal tax returns with all schedules
- 2 years most recent W-2(s)
- 1 month current consecutive pay stubs
- Most recent statements for your credit cards and loans
*Please be aware that if your loan is approved, revolving accounts may be required to be closed.
Applying for a loan is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Create a secure user account.
- Gather your documents.
- Complete the online application.
The process typically takes 20-25 minutes. Once you complete the application, a lending associate will contact you within two business days. Once an application has been approved, documents can be signed and funds disbursed usually within five to eight business days.
Prior to signing the application and submitting, you will have the option to upload the required documents. Please be aware that all documents must be submitted in order for the Loan Officer to process the application. If you submit a completed application (all required documents provided) your loan processing time will be significantly shorter.
The Loan Portal is compatible with most computers and laptops. You may experience technical issues when applying with a cell phone or tablet device. For more information or if you require trouble shooting assistance, please contact us at (808) 594-1888, NHRLF@ohaloanfund.org, or contact your OHA neighbor island office.