This is the most popular loan OHA offers that supports Native Hawaiian business owners.
Some uses of the loan:
Establishing or building upon a small business; working capital
$2,500 – $100,000 (Loan amounts over $20,000 require non-real estate collateral.)
Rates & Terms
- 4.00% APR
- Up to a seven-year term
- U.S. Citizen
- State of Hawai‘i Resident
- Applicant must be of Native Hawaiian ancestry
- At least 18 years of age
- Credit score 600 or higher
- Income-to-debt ratio is no more than 45%
- Proof of Hawaiian ancestry: verified by current OHA Hawaiian Registry card
- Proof of Hawaii residency: driver’s license or State ID
- Two years most recent federal tax returns with all schedules
- One month current consecutive pay stubs and two years most recent W-2(s) if the borrower is also working as a wage earner
- Startup business: current YTD Profit and Loss Statement
- Startup business: (less than 2 years): current business plan to include 3 year profit & loss forecast statement
Unallowable Loan Activities
- Investing in high-interest accounts
- Certificates of deposit (CODs) or other investments
- Relending of the loan amount by the borrower
- Purchasing land or buildings
- Constructing buildings
- Purchasing or financing equity in private businesses
Applying for a loan is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Create a secure user account.
- Gather your documents.
- Complete the online application.
The process typically takes 20-25 minutes. Once you complete the application, a lending associate will contact you within two business days. Once an application has been approved, documents can be signed and funds disbursed usually within five to eight business days.
Prior to signing the application and submitting, you will have the option to upload the required documents. Please be aware that all documents must be submitted in order for the Loan Officer to process the application.