Education can be expensive, and full of unexpected expenses. This loan can help meet school-related expenses—from preschool, through grade school, and even post-secondary education.
Some uses of the loan:
- School tuition (e.g., preschool, trade school, K – 12, college, post graduate)
- Campus charges, books, etc.
$2,500 – $20,000
Rates & Terms
- 5.00% – 6.00% APR
- Up to a 1-year term
- U.S. Citizen
- State of Hawai‘i Resident
- Applicant must be of Native Hawaiian ancestry
- At least 18 years of age
- Credit score 600 or higher
- Income-to-debt ratio is no more than 45%
- Proof of Hawaiian ancestry: verified by current OHA Hawaiian Registry card
- Proof of Hawaii residency: driver’s license or state ID
- Tuition and expenses/fees breakdown
- Acceptance letter
- 2 years most recent federal tax returns with all schedules
- 2 years most recent W-2(s)
- 1 month current consecutive pay stubs
Applying for a loan is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Create a secure user account.
- Gather your documents.
- Complete the online application.
The process typically takes 20-25 minutes. Once you complete the application, a lending associate will contact you within two business days. Once an application has been approved, documents can be signed and funds disbursed usually within five to eight business days.
Prior to signing the application and submitting, you will have the option to upload the required documents. Please be aware that all documents must be submitted in order for the Loan Officer to process the application. If you submit a completed application (all required documents provided) your loan processing time will be significantly shorter.